Save time by filling your info online
We will connect you to a 7AmPm Services consultant ASAP.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication. It uses a nine-band scale to clearly identify levels of proficiency, from non-user (band score 1) through to expert (band score 9).
IELTS ACADEMIC OR IELTS GENERAL TRAINING
IELTS is available in two test versions: Academic – for people applying for higher education or professional registration, and General Training for those migrating to Australia, Canada and the UK, or applying for secondary education, training programmes and work experience in an English-speaking environment. Both versions provide a valid and accurate assessment of the four language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
IELTS FOR MIGRATION
ACCEPTED FOR AUSTRALIA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND AND THE UK
IELTS is accepted as evidence of English language proﬁciency for study, work and migration in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK, as well as for study and work in the USA.
Each country sets its own IELTS requirements. For up-to-date information, please visit the relevant government website
- Recording 1 – a conversation between two people set in an everyday social context.
- Recording 2 – a monologue set in an everyday social context, e.g. a speech about local facilities.
- Recording 3 – a conversation between up to four people set in an educational or training context, e.g. a university tutor and a student discussing an assignment.
- Recording 4 – a monologue on an academic subject, e.g. a university lecture.
Assessors will be looking for evidence of your ability to understand the main ideas and detailed factual information, the opinions and attitudes of speakers, the purpose of an utterance and evidence of your ability to follow the development of ideas
Topics are of general interest to, and suitable for, test takers entering undergraduate and postgraduate studies or seeking professional registration. There are two tasks:
- Task 1 – you will be presented with a graph, table, chart or diagram and asked to describe, summarise or explain the information in your own words. You may be asked to describe and explain data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or describe an object or event.
- Task 2 – you will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem. Responses to both tasks must be in a formal style.
The Reading component consists of 40 questions, designed to test a wide range of reading skills. These include reading for gist, reading for main ideas, reading for detail, skimming, understanding logical argument and recognising writers’ opinions, attitudes and purpose.
IELTS Academic test – this includes three long texts which range from the descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical. These are taken from books, journals, magazines and newspapers. They have been selected for a non-specialist audience but are appropriate for people entering university courses or seeking professional registration.
PTE Academic is a computer-based exam that is delivered through Pearson VUE’s secure network of test centers.
You can register for the exam online at www.pearsonpte.com and schedule your test at a time convenient for you. When you register, you will create a secure web account with a unique username and password.
ACCESSING YOUR SCORE REPORT
After taking the test, you will be notified by email when your PTE Academic scores are available (normally within five business days from your test date). Using your account, you will be able to view your scores and send them to institutions of your choice(up to seven selections per test order).
Your test results will be presented in a score report. Your test scores will be valid for up to two years from your test date. After two years your scores will no longer be valid.
RETAKING THE TEST
You can take the test as often as you wish, but you can only schedule one test at a time.
Subsequently tests may be scheduled immediately after you recieve your scores. If you take the test more than once, you can select which score to send to an institution. If you do not attend your test at the scheduled time, date and location, it will be recorded as a “NO show.” You will not receive a refund of your test fee. To take the test, you will need to schedule a new test and pay the fee again.
INTEGRATED SKILL ITEMS
As language skills do not occur in isolation, PTE test uses a variety of integrated skills item types to revel how well you can use English language for oral and written communication. Integrated skills items are important for assessing English language proficiency because , in an academic environment, students are often required to combine several language skills to perform a task, for example, listening to or reading information and then responding orally.
PTE test items are task-based, representing the range of functions and situations that you will encounter during academic studies in an English-speaking environment.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS EXAM
HERE ARE SOME KEY FEATURES OF THIS EXAM.
- Pen & Paper based with human interaction
- FAST: Schedule your test up to 7 days in advance
- FLEXIBLE: Choose from regular test dates and sessions.
- Approved by almost all the international destination – UK, Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland and etc.
- Results in 13 days.
- Easy to go through