Toll Free : 1800 599 0007


Australian Transit visa (subclass 771) 

The Transit visa (subclass 771) lets you transit through Australia for no longer than 72 hours.

Your transit visa lets you to travel to Australia by air. If you arrive in Australia by air on a transit visa and hold no other visa (other than a Maritime crew visa (subclass 988)), your Maritime crew visa (subclass 988) will cease within five days if you do not sign onto your ship.​

Who could get this visa?

You might be able to get a Transit visa (subclass 771) if you:

  • If you need to pass through Australia on your way to another country or
  • If you need to pass through Australia to join a ship as a member of the crew.

Your will also need to meet health and character requirements.

If you need to enter Australia on your way to another country

If you are joining a ship as a crew member

Applicants also needed to meet below requirements

Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government and other requirements if needed.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt