Toll Free : 1800 599 0007


Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403)

About this visa

This visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporary basis:

  • In relation to a bilateral agreement (Government Agreement stream)
  • To represent a foreign government or to teach a foreign language in an Australian school (Foreign Government Agency stream)
  • To do domestic work for a diplomat (Domestic Worker stream)
  • As a person with statutory privileges and immunities (Privileges and Immunities stream)
  • To participate in the program of seasonal work (Seasonal Worker Program stream).

The Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403) allows you to come to Australia under one of five streams:

  • Government Agreement stream
  • Foreign Government Agency stream
  • Domestic Worker (Diplomatic or Consular) stream
  • Privileges and Immunities stream
  • Seasonal Worker Program stream

This is a temporary visa.

What this visa lets you do

This visa allows you to:

  • Enter Australia temporarily
  • Do the work or activity specified in your visa application
  • Enter and leave Australia while your visa is valid.
  • Work for your sponsor (Seasonal Worker Program stream only)
  • Anywhere in Australia if you work in horticulture
  • In limited locations in tourism (accommodation), sugar cane farming, cotton farming or aquaculture.


Who could get this visa

You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • Have a genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia
  • Have adequate financial support for you and your family while you are in Australia
  • Have adequate arrangements for health insurance for you and your family while you are in Australia
  • Meet health and character requirements
  • Meet the requirements of the stream under which you are applying for the visa
  • If you are in Australia when you apply for the visa, you must hold a qualifying visa.

This visa is not for representatives of foreign governments or foreign government agencies who are accredited by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), such as diplomats, United Nations agency executives and consular officials.

Qualifying visas

If you are applying in Australia, you must hold a current temporary substantive visa, but not any one of the following:

  • Temporary work (international relations) visa (subclass 403) in the domestic worker (diplomatic or consular) stream unless you are applying for a further subclass 403 visa in the domestic worker (diplomatic or consular) stream; or
  • Transit visa (subclass 771); or
  • A special purpose visa.

Financial support

You need to have the financial capacity to support you and your family while you are in Australia. You could be asked to provide evidence of your financial capacity with your visa application.

Applicants may also needed to meet below requirements

Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government, biometric and other requirements if needed.

Your obligations

You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.

Source – Australian Immigration Website.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt