Australian Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)
About this visa
This visa allows you to stay in Australia as the guardian of an international student younger than 18 years of age studying in Australia on a student visa.
This visa is for someone to come to Australia to provide care and support for:
- A student visa holder who is under 18 years of age or
- A student visa holder who is 18 years of age or older and needs care and support due to exceptional circumstances.
You can apply for this visa from in or outside Australia.
What this visa lets you do
The visa does not generally allow you to work.
You can care for more than one student.
Generally, there can be only one Student Guardian visa holder per student visa holder.
- Be the student’s parent, legal guardian or relative
- Have enough money to support yourself and the student during your stay
- Be able to provide accommodation and other support
- Be at least 21 years of age.
Applicants may also needed to meet below requirements
Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government, biometric and other requirements if needed.
You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
Source – Australian Immigration Website.