Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)
About this Visa
This is a permanent visa for people who have lived and worked in specified areas of regional Australia.
How long the visa lasts
This is a permanent visa – it lasts indefinitely.
What you can do
This is a permanent visa. It lets you:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
You must currently hold either:
- A skilled visa
- A bridging visa a or bridging visa b that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.
You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.
Note: Dependents and partners who hold a skilled visa and meet all other eligibility criteria can apply for this subclass 887 visa as the main applicant.
Live and work in Australia
You must have lived and worked in a regional, low-population growth or designated area of Australia.
Applicants may also needed to meet below requirements
Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government, biometric and other requirements if needed.
You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
Source – Australian Immigration Website.