Toll Free : 1800 599 0007


Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

About this Visa

This visa allows people to come to Australia to marry their fiancé.

If you are granted this visa, you should marry your fiancé and apply for a Partner (subclasses 820 and 801) visa before your Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) expires.

What you can do

This visa lets you:

  • Travel to and stay in Australia for up to nine months
  • Work in Australia
  • Study in Australia at your own expense
  • Travel outside Australia as many times as you want. There is important information for New Zealand citizens.



You must be 18 years old or older when you apply for the visa.

Your relationship

Your relationship with your fiancé (prospective spouse) must meet certain criteria.​


You must be sponsored by your fiancé.​

How long the visas lasts

The visa lasts 9 months from the date it is granted. It cannot be extended.​


You can include your dependent children or stepchildren in your application.

If you are granted the visa, your children will have the same rights and visa conditions as you.​

Your obligations

You should marry your fiancé and apply for a Partner visa (subclass 820 and 801) before the Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) expires.



Sponsors must be the fiancé of the visa applicant.​

Limitations on sponsorship

You might not be able to be a sponsor if you hold or have held certain visas or certain circumstances apply to you.

Applicants may also needed to meet below requirements

Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government, biometric and other requirements if needed.

Your obligations

You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.


Source – Australian Immigration Website.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt