Save time by filling your info online
We will connect you to a 7AmPm Services consultant ASAP.
Orphan Relative visa (subclass 837)
About this visa
This visa allows the child to live permanently in Australia with their sponsoring relative.
An Orphan Relative (subclass 837) visa is for a child whose parents are dead, permanently incapacitated or of unknown whereabouts. It allows a child in this situation to live permanently with their sponsoring relative in Australia.
The sponsoring relative usually applies on behalf of the child.
What you can do
It allows the child to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if they are eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time they will need another visa to enter Australia.
Who could get this visa
To apply for this visa, a child must:
- Be in Australia
- Be younger than 18 years old
- Be sponsored by their relative who is:
- The brother, sister, grandparent, aunt, uncle or step-equivalent of the child
- Older than 18 years of age
- An Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- Not be married or in a de-facto relationship
- Be in situation where their parents are unable to care for them
- Meet health and character requirements.
The child’s parents
A child is eligible for this visa if their parents are not able to care for them. This could be because the parents:
- Are dead
- Are incapable of caring for the child
- Cannot be found
A child cannot apply for this visa if their parents could care for them but do not want to.
If the parents cannot be found, the application will need to show how long they have been missing and what has been done to try to find them.
Best interests of the child
This visa will not usually be granted if it is against the best interests of a child younger than 18 years of age.
Assurance of support
Immigration might ask for an assurance of support for the child so that welfare costs for some migrants are not borne by the Australian community.
Applicants may also needed to meet below requirements
Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government, biometric and other requirements if needed.
You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
Source – Australian Immigration Website.
TEAM 7AMPM SERVICES
- Registered Immigration Consultants
- Immigration Consultants
- Certified Study Overseas Counsellors
- Process Consultants
- Resume Writers
- Customer Relationship Officer
7 GOOD REASON TO CHOOSE 7AMPM SERVICES:
- We are registered with Migration Agents Registration Authority (Australia) and legally authorized to process any visa to Australia. We work with certified and accredited legal advisors, lawyers and EATC Agents.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs from starting your journey until you settle abroad.
- You can avail the benefit of deep and extensive knowledge gained through processing numerous cases.
- We are transparent about our process and cost, you will notice this on your first meet with us.
- We offer competitive prices and flexible payment options.
- We not only plan your future but also guide you until you settle down overseas.
- Our consultants are the best in the market who are certified, competent, committed and experienced. Visit us to experience the difference.
OUR INDUSTRY PARTNERS
HOW 7AMPM SERVICES WORKS
7AMPM SERVICES MECHANISM
First we study your profile, your opportunities and deficiencies.
We have several departments whose seamless team work can deliver which few organizations in the world can deliver.
- Counselling Services
- Immigration Services
- Admissions Services
- Resume Writing Services
- Resume Marketing Services
- Visa Services
- Free. Valuable. Life changing.
- Our Fee Structure Reasonable
- No obligations. No strings attached. No payment required.
AFFORDABLE AND SUCCESS FEE BASE
Counselling for Free
Technical Evaluation for a Nominal Fee
Full Service: Using Accredited Immigration Agents & on Success Fee