New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass h1)
About this visa
The New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461) allows someone who is not a New Zealand citizen to live in Australia with a family member who:
- Is a New Zealand citizen, but not an Eligible New Zealand Citizen
- And either
- Holds a Special Category visa (subclass 444) and is living in Australia, or
- Is eligible to hold a Special Category visa (subclass 444) and is accompanying you to Australia.
What this visa lets you do
This visa allows you to:
- Work and study in Australia
- Travel to, enter and remain in Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted.
Who could get this visa
You might be able to get this visa if:
- You are not a New Zealand citizen
- You are a member of the family unit of a New Zealand citizen
- Your New Zealand citizen family member is not an Eligible New Zealand Citizen
- Your New Zealand citizen family member is living in Australia on a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or will be travelling with you to Australia and will be granted a Special Category visa (subclass 444) on arrival.
You must be related to the New Zealand citizen as one of the following:
- Their partner
- Their child/step-child or their partner’s child/step-child
- The dependent child of you or your partner’s child/step-child.
Applicants may also needed to meet below requirements
Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government, biometric and other requirements if needed.
You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
Source – Australian Immigration Website.