Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
About this visa
The Business Talent visa (subclass 132) allows you to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia.
What this visa lets you do
It lets you and any member of your family unit who has also been granted this visa:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
You might qualify for a Special Benefit from Centrelink if you suffer a major change of circumstances that is beyond your control.
Who could get this visa
The Business Talent visa (subclass 132) is for business people who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.
To be able to get this visa you need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and then be invited to apply.
You might be able to get this visa if:
- You are nominated by a state or territory government
- Are invited to apply
- You and your family members (whether or not they are included in your application) meet health and character requirements
- You meet the additional requirements for the stream in which you apply.
You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
You must fulfil your business obligations.
If you are outside Australia when the visa is granted, you must enter Australia by a specified date. We will tell you what this is. Your family members might not be allowed to marry or enter into a de facto relationship before they enter Australia.
You inform about your residential address within six months of arriving in Australia to the Australian immigration.
Every time you change address (even to somewhere outside Australia), you must send a new form to us within 28 days of the move to the Australian immigration.
Applicants may also needed to meet below requirements
Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government, biometric and other requirements if needed.
Source – Australian Immigration Website.