Business Owner visa (subclass 890)
Type of Visa – Permanent
About this Visa:
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
Eligibility – Who could get this Visa
A Business Owner (subclass 890) visa is for people who own and manage a business in Australia.
You might be able to get this visa if:
- you hold one of the following provisional visas granted on the basis that you or your current or former spouse or de facto partner satisfied the primary criteria:
- Business Owner (Provisional) visa (subclass 160)
- Senior Executive (Provisional) visa (subclass 161)
- Investor (Provisional) visa (subclass 162)
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) visa (subclass 163)
- State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive (Provisional) visa (subclass 164)
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor (Provisional) visa (subclass 165)
- You have met all the conditions of your provisional visa
- You have lived in Australia on one of these visas for at least 12 months in the past two years
- You and all your family members meet health and character requirements
- You have a genuine commitment to continue to maintain business or investment activities in Australia
- Neither you nor your spouse or de facto partner has ever been involved in unacceptable business activities.
You must show you can meet the following requirements in order to be granted a Business Owner visa (subclass 890):
- Ownership of a main business or main businesses
- Acquisition of a main business or main businesses
- Employees and business/ personal assets
- Management in the main business or main businesses.
Applicants may also needed to meet below requirements
Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government, biometric and other requirements if needed.
Source – Australian Immigration Website.