Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
About this Visa
This visa lets parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently.
There can be long waiting times of up to 30 years for this visa.
What you can do
This is a permanent visa. It lets you:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
Your child in Australia
Your child must be a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
You must be at the age where you are eligible for an Age Pension in Australia.
You must be sponsored. Usually, this will be your child who must be:
- 18 years old or older
- A settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
If your child is under 18.
A sponsor can sponsor more than one parent for this visa.
Sponsors have financial and other responsibilities.
You must meet the balance-of-family test. This means that:
- At least half of your children live permanently in Australia
- More of your children live permanently in Australia than in any one other country.
Assurance of Support
You must be able to get an Assurance of Support
Applicants may also needed to meet below requirements
Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government, biometric and other requirements if needed.
You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
Source – Australian Immigration Website.