Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 114)
About this visa
This visa is for some older people to migrate to Australia if they rely on an eligible relative in Australia to provide financial support.
The Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 114) is a permanent visa that allows some older people who meet age requirements to migrate to Australia if they rely on an eligible relative in Australia to provide financial support.
What you can do
It allows you and any family members who have also been granted the visa to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- Travel to and enter Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – if you travel after this time you will need a return residence visa or another visa to return to Australia.
Who could get this visa
You might be eligible for this visa if you:
- Are sponsored by a relative or their partner who lives in Australia
- Do not have a spouse or de facto partner
- Meet the dependency requirements
- Meet the age requirements
- Have someone who will provide an assurance of support
- Meet health and character requirements.
You should not apply for this visa unless you believe you are likely to be successful, because the visa application charge will not usually be refunded if your application is refused or withdrawn.
Your sponsor in Australia
You must be sponsored by the relative on whom you are financially dependent, and who has provided this support for at least the three years before you lodge your application. Their partner can also be your sponsor.
Your sponsoring relative or their partner must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- settled in Australia as:
- An Australian citizen
- An Australian permanent resident
- An eligible New Zealand citizen.
Assurance of support
A person or organisation must give you an assurance of support. They can be your sponsor or another person. Up to three people can provide an assurance of support for you.
To be considered an aged dependent relative you must not be married or in a de facto relationship.
You must be able to demonstrate that you have been wholly or substantially dependent on your relative in Australia for financial support for your basic needs of food, shelter and clothing or because you have a disability which prevents you from working. This support must have been continuing for at least three (3) years before your application is lodged.
You must be old enough to be granted an aged pension under the Social Security Act 1991.
Applicants may also needed to meet below requirements
Character requirements, Health requirements, Health insurance requirements, Must not have Debts to the Australian Government, biometric and other requirements if needed.
You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
Source – Australian Immigration Website.